Matthew J. Lapointe
Bradenton, Florida 34205
Matthew represents companies and entrepreneurs in the full range of business and corporate matters and serves as general outside counsel to business owners in all sectors of the economy. He advises business owners on day-to-day issues, such as personnel problems, as well as on strategic issues, such as business succession planning and business sales and acquisitions. Matthew drafts and negotiates a number of agreements and contracts including: commercial agreements, management contracts, consulting, distribution, software license, and executive employment agreements, confidentiality & nondisclosure agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, promissory notes, stock pledge agreements, security agreements, asset purchase agreements and stock purchase agreements.
In his Health Care Law practice, Matt advises physician groups, dentists, assisted living facilities and other health care institutions. In addition to counseling these clients on matters common to all businesses, such as personnel issues, financing, and corporate governance, Matthew advises on compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, the federal anti-referral law, anti-kickback law, Medicare and Medicaid compliance, as well as compliance with state licensing laws. Matthew has handled numerous health care transactions, including the purchase and sale of physician practices, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The New Hampshire Bar, Member
- Hillsborough Bar Association, Member
- Tampa Bay Business Owners, Member
- “Employment Law for Condo Associations and HOAs” at the Tampa Bay Condo & HOA Expo
- “Succession Planning for Closely-Held Businesses” for the Commercial Finance Association of Tampa Bay
- “Exit Planning for the Small Business Owner” for Tampa Bay Business Builders
- “The Due Diligence Process in Commercial Real Estate” for the Florida Gulf Coast Commercial Association of Realtors