The equine industry includes many different business interests with unique legal needs. Equine law involves the law as it relates to all aspects of horses and horse-related activities. Our team at Blalock Walters understands the unique and specialized needs of the equine industry and those passionate about their horses, and is prepared to offer the specialized services, including tax, business services, litigation, employment, immigration, land use, real estate, business succession planning, and estate planning.
Generally speaking, our team at Blalock Walters is able to provide specialized services, addressing the unique equine needs of horse owners, businesses, professionals, associations and facilities with the following:
- Preparing, review, or negotiate equine-related contracts (such as purchase and sales agreements, leases, stallion service contracts, liability waivers/releases, facility use agreements, stallion management agreements, and boarding contracts)
- Establishing businesses, including corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, syndication, or limited liability companies
- Assist with tax planning and resolving tax disputes, including “hobby loss disputes” with the government
- Real estate purchases or transactions
- Handle or resolve zoning and land use disputes
- Litigation matters involving horse related matters