Our land use attorneys provide comprehensive legal services to a broad base of clients to satisfy land use requirements and regulations before state, regional and local administrative agencies. We specialize in helping clients attain successful and profitable development approvals, including obtaining development entitlements for undeveloped land and enhancing the approved entitlements for the redevelopment of an existing project. Our expert land use attorneys provide business and commercial representation in all areas subject to governmental action. Typical representation includes land development and permit approvals, legal prerequisites for comprehensive plan amendments, zoning amendments, developments of regional impact, right-of-way issues, and other governmental regulatory matters.
We also specialize in representing developers and corporations in drafting declarations of covenants and restrictions for subdivisions and declaration of condominium for approval with local and state regulatory agencies. This specialization includes representation for commercial, residential and mixed-use projects.
Our land use attorneys make a difference in many ways:
- Obtained recent zoning atlas amendment approvals for major commercial projects, residential subdivisions and office complexes.
- Negotiated amendments to existing development agreements to allow our clients to react to existing real estate market conditions.
- Obtained comprehensive plan amendments to allow for increased residential density and commercial and office uses.
- Obtained a certificate of appropriateness for the demolition of a non-viable and dilapidated building located in the historic district of the jurisdiction.
- Represented clients with property nearby or adjacent to Port Manatee to help them obtain the status of the property being designed within Port’s Encouragement Zone.