We make a difference for our real estate clients by closing deals with a common sense and creative approach to our clients’ transactions. Our real estate group has been a core practice area since our firm’s inception, and today encompasses a wide variety of real estate related matters, including residential and commercial purchase and sale transactions, mortgage financing and re-financing, commercial leasing, loss mitigation assistance, and loan workouts.
Our firm is a qualified title insurance agent of several of the nation’s major title insurance underwriters, and is capable of issuing title insurance policies covering land located anywhere within the State of Florida. We work extensively in the complex commercial area, handling transactions and issuing title insurance for large projects throughout the State.
Our attorneys are particularly knowledgeable with respect to the purchase, sale and financing of shopping centers, apartment buildings, commercial office projects and mobile home parks. We provide services that require the particular knowledge and ability to manage complex projects, including multiple property portfolios. With our experience in handling larger transactions, we can offer expertise in structuring complicated matters in order to minimize transaction-related costs and tax liabilities, including arranging for 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. Regardless of the size or complexity of the transaction, we strive to always provide prompt high quality representation.
Our real estate attorneys make a difference in many ways:
- Within the last year our representation has helped clients lease over one million square feet of empty space.
- Within the last year we have successfully orchestrated loan workout negotiations on behalf of lenders and borrowers for loans totaling in excess of $100M.
- We have successfully closed several complex commercial transactions, including transactions for Hope VI and HUD
- Developments which have helped to revitalize the local community.
- Through our pro-bono representation we have helped close over two hundred Manatee County Habitat for Humanity transactions enabling low cost housing for those in need.
- We have successfully assisted distressed homeowners in their loss mitigation plans, including the procurement and completion of loan modifications, short sales, and deed-in-lieu of foreclosures.