Business & Corporate | Real Estate Law
Melanie is a Principal in the firm’s Business & Corporate and Real Estate practice groups. Melanie practiced with a large national firm in Atlanta before relocating to Florida and joining the firm in 2005.
Business & Corporate Practice
Melanie practices in the area of general business and corporate law. She has extensive experience in counseling clients in a variety of business transactional areas including, business formation and governance issues, purchases and sales of businesses, employment and consulting arrangements, non-competition and non-solicitation covenants, promissory notes, pledge and security agreements, licensing agreements, trademark and other general business matters.
Real Estate Practice
Melanie’s practice in real estate law focuses on commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants for spaces ranging in size from less than 1,000 square feet to 200,000 square feet. She has worked extensively with retail tenants in existing shopping centers and shopping centers under development in negotiating leases, lease terminations, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, short form leases, waivers and consents.
- AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Manatee County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, 2005
- Georgia Bar, 1997
- The Humane Society of Manatee County, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2009-2015
- Leadership Manatee
- Graduate 2009
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1997); Notes and Comments Editor, Connecticut Law Review
- Western Connecticut State University Ancell School of Business (B.B.A., cum laude,Management, 1994)
- New York University (A.A.S., Management, 1985)