Robert S. Stroud
Robert has received the AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of ethical and professional excellence. He was selected as a 2010 “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, a listing that includes no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in Florida.
Business and Health Care Practice
Robert is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as an expert in Health Law. Robert’s national health business practice includes the representation of health care companies, physicians and other health care providers with an emphasis on joint ventures and syndications, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and licensure issues and general health care corporate matters. Health care companies represented by Robert include, management companies, pharmacies, medical supply vendors, surgery center companies and developers, large multi-specialty and single-specialty medical group practices, accountable care organizations, independent practice associations, third party payors including HMOs, and entrepreneurs. Robert’s legal practice also covers the structuring and development of provider-affiliated group practices; ancillary product arrangements, including ancillary services involving outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging, radiation therapy, rehab services, drugs, DME, home health, concierge medicine; and management service organizations, practice management companies, integrated provider networks and related arrangements.
Additionally, Robert advises clients on matters in various other industries such as agribusiness, manufacturing and automotive.
Real Estate Practice
Robert’s practice includes all major real estate matters, from sales, purchases and leases to financing, workouts and reorganizations. Robert has experience serving as lead transaction counsel for the sale or purchase of multi-family housing communities, retail shopping centers, office buildings, including medical office buildings and other health care facilities.
- AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion as “Rising Star” in 2010 Florida Super Lawyers®
- Appointed by the Florida Supreme Court to the 12th Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Gulf Coast Venture Forum
- Founder and Former Managing Member, Preferred Settlement Services, LLC (a joint venture title company)
- Forty Carrots Family Center (Board of Trustees)
- Lighthouse of Manasota
- Board of Directors; Executive Committee
- Manatee Education Foundation
- Board of Directors, 2010-2012
- Leadership Manatee
- Graduate, 2007
- The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce (Trustee Member)
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota Tomorrow Next (Investor)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude; Certificate of Concentration in Health Law), 2004
- University of Florida (B.S.B.A., Finance and Economics), 2001
Business and Health Care:
- Assisted numerous health care companies in connection with their general counsel issues, joint venture transactions, health care compliance concerns, and other contracting needs.
- Served as lead transaction counsel in representing radiation therapy centers and related businesses in sales transactions.
- Served as lead transaction counsel to sellers in publicly traded companies and private equity firms.
- Served as lead transaction counsel in the purchase of a large anesthesia practice and practice transaction involving management company.
- Negotiated settlements for clients in multi-million dollar overpayment allegations with third party payors.
- Served as counsel to start-up HMO, IPA and ACOs.
- Served as lead transaction counsel, closing and title agent of large medical office building.
- Served as lead transaction counsel and closing agent in sale and purchase transaction consisting of apartment complexes representing thousands of units.
- Served as counsel in refinancing large, multi-property portfolios with conduit lenders.
- Served as lead transaction counsel in the purchase and financing of large agricultural tracts of land and construction of large packinghouse facility for grower and packer and all related legal and contractual matters.
One Sarasota Tower
2 North Tamiami Trail, Suite 408
Sarasota, Florida 34236