Timothy S. Shaw
With nearly 40 years of experience and expertise in the Sarasota and Bradenton area markets, Timothy is a principal in the firm’s real estate practice group. His practice involves all aspects of real estate and financial institution transactions, including: single family and mixed-use developments, commercial acquisitions and leasing, asset based and real estate based loan transactions.
Timothy is Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar. He has also earned the AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of ethical and professional excellence.
An active member in the community, Timothy has served as past director of civic and business organizations including: Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center and InStride Therapy. Timothy is also a member of the Florida Bar, American Bar Association and Sarasota County Bar Association and currently serves as Chair of the Solo & Small Firm section of The Florida Bar.
- American Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Chair of the Solo & Small Firm section of The Florida Bar
- Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, past Director
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, past Director
- Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center, past Officer and Director
- Sarasota Tiger Bay Club
- March of Dimes
- InStride Therapy, past Director
- Salisbury State College (Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in Business Administration, 1978)
- Stetson University (J.D., cum laude, Charles Dana Scholar, 1981). Charles Dana Scholars are selected in recognition of superior academic achievement as well as demonstrated leadership in the college community.
Timothy has nearly 40 years of experience and expertise in the Sarasota and Bradenton area markets. He has represented such high-profile developments as The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences, the 100 Central and Whole Foods Market, L’Ambiance on Longboat Key, L’Elegance on Lido Key and LaBellasara at Golden Gate Pointe.