The Florida Legislature passed Senate Bill 1030 this year, legalizing the commonly referred to Charlotte’s Web—a less euphoric strain of marijuana. In November, Florida voters will be asked to vote on a referendum that would legalize marijuana for a broader range of treatments. Join us for an important panel discussion to learn:
- How your vote will impact your business operations?
- What are other states doing?
- Are there unintended consequences in the workplace?
Panel of Experts:
- Sheriff Brad Steube, Manatee County Sheriff
- Matthew D. Westerman, Business Litigation Attorney and Florida Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law
- Dr. Jessica Spencer, State Coalition Director of Drug Free Committee, Inc.
- David Wright, President & CEO of AltMed LLC.
- Moderated by Chris Wille, Editorial Page Editor, Bradenton Herald
This luncheon, presented by Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance and Manatee Chamber of Commerce, will be held on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, from 11:30am – 1pm at Fete Ballroom at Polo Grill.
If you are interested in attending, please visit www.lwrba.org to register.