- Surviving an Economic Crisis: Potential Advantages and Disadvantages of a Chapter 11 Bankruptcyby Matthew Staggs on April 3, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Although many economic experts predicted that the economy may deteriorate in 2020, none of these experts could have foreseen the unprecedented impact that the coronavirus pandemic has had on the economy. In a matter of weeks, the coronavirus pandemic has caused the record breaking economy to grind to a sudden halt with many businesses having
- SBA Liquidity Assistance for Businesses – In the Form of Forgivable Loans and Non-Forgivable Disaster Loansby Jenifer Schembri on March 27, 2020 at 7:26 pm
On March 27, 2020, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the COVID-19 stimulus bill, known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (H.R. 748), which provides much needed assistance for small businesses.
- we have successfully structured complex loan financing for interconnected residential subdivisions and large retail shopping centers;
- we provide lender representation in completing bond financing in multi-layered transactions;
- we have worked with clients in the completion of loan assumption agreements for the completion of complex commercial purchase agreements; and
- we have worked with small businesses to obtain SBA loans necessary to grow their business.
The complexities surrounding the residential and commercial construction industry require knowledge of construction contracts, construction liens, surety bonds, building codes, financing, insurance, construction defects, delays and disruptions, regulations such as OSHA and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), wage and hours laws, permitting and land use. We provide legal services in resolving disputes concerning construction law including mediation, arbitration, and trial.