Matthew R. Plummer
Matt Plummer serves as the firm’s Managing Partner. In addition, Matt is also the Practice Group leader for the Firm’s Real Estate, Finance, Land Use and Local Government Law practice groups. Matt Plummer’s practice includes commercial and residential real estate law, with an emphasis on commercial transactions and commercial leasing. His practice also involves a focus on banking and finance law, including public finance bond representation for both Banks and Trustees. As a Florida real estate attorney, Matt has provided real estate legal services across the state and has the ability to issue title insurance state-wide for any real estate endeavor that may arise.
Matt’s work in the real estate and lending areas has included representation of both commercial and residential parties in the drafting of buy-sell agreements, lease agreements, and easement agreements, along with the representation of financial institutions in the preparation of both real estate and asset-based loan documentation. Matthew’s experience in the real estate field lends support to assisting clients in large complex commercial transactions, with the goal of minimizing transaction related costs and liabilities. Matt has experience serving as lead transaction counsel for the sale or purchase of multi-family housing communities, mobile home parks, retail shopping centers, office buildings, agricultural lands, warehouses and resort properties. Matt has also served as Bank and Trustee Counsel in the acquisition and refunding of over two hundred fifty million dollars in public finance bonds.
Matt has received the AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of ethical and professional excellence.
- AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2020
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the Manatee County Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee
- Florida Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- Risk Management Association Sarasota-Manatee Chapter, past Board Member
- Florida Attorneys Saving Homes
- Graduate, Leadership Manatee (2015)
- Manatee County Gator Club
- Mote Marine Laboratory Advisory Council
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- University of Florida (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Minor in Economics, summa cum laude, 2004)
- Served as lead transaction counsel for the sale a 250 lot development and golf course.
- Served as the closing agent and title agent for numerous shopping center purchases and sales across the State of Florida.
- Successfully negotiated commercial leases for both landlords and tenants, which include national retail chain department stores, health care providers, and national property holding companies.
- Served as lead transaction counsel for sale of multiple mobile home parks across the State of Florida.
- Served as closing agent and title agent in the purchase, sale and financing of large agricultural tracts of land and construction.
- Served as lead counsel in the acquisition of ground lease interests and the subsequent ground lease modifications.
- Served as Bank and Trustee Counsel in the acquisition and refunding of over fifty public finance bonds across the State.
- Served as lead transaction counsel for completion of a five property commercial defeasance transaction spanning the State.
- Successfully negotiated over fifty Bank work out agreements.
- Served as lead bank counsel in the financing of office buildings, transport containers, hotels, land acquisitions, and numerous construction projects across the State.
- Served as counsel in refinancing large, multi-property portfolios with conduit lenders.
- Served as transaction counsel in the loan assumption of over twenty five million dollars of secured debt.
- Assisted in multiple Value Board Adjustment cases in both Sarasota and Manatee County.
- Served as counsel in the preparation of both condominium creations and terminations.
- Assisted in the creation of numerous easements for access, parking, utilities and the like across the State.
- Assisted Community Development Districts in the acquisition and structuring of public revenue bonds for the welfare of the community.
- Served as counsel for local governments and charter schools in the purchase and sale of properties throughout the area.
- Assisted local governments in the leasing of government property for the public’s benefit.
802 11th Street West
Bradenton, Florida 34205
2 North Tamiami Trail, Suite 400
Sarasota, Florida 34236