Attorneys in the Blalock Walters’ land use department represent private clients in all aspects of the permitting and development approval process.
We counsel developers and private land owners on matters that require land use and local government expertise, from preliminary application to representation during the public hearing process, in order to obtain the land use approvals needed for a successful development.
Our land use department provides comprehensive legal services to a broad base of private clients on land use issues and regulations before federal, regional, state and local administrative agencies. We represent clients before municipal and county boards and commissions on a vast range of zoning, permitting and development issues.
More specifically, our department specializes in helping clients obtain successful and profitable development approvals, including obtaining entitlements for undeveloped land and enhancing development approvals for existing projects. Typical repre- sentation includes land development and permit approvals, comprehensive plan amendments, rezones, developments of regional impact, special approvals, street vacations, subdivision approvals, variances, change of use and other governmental regulatory matters.
In conjunction with our land use representation, we are also able to assist developers in creating homeowners and condominium association documents, as well as covenants, restrictions and easements, for commercial, residential and mixed-use projects.
Our land use and local government attorneys also provide services for public entity clients through our expertise in local government law. Our attorneys have experience representing many different governmental agencies including cities, counties, community development districts (CDD) and recreation districts (RD) resulting in extensive experience in code and agreement drafting, as well as general advice on day-to-day matters.
Over the past year, the land use attorneys have represented clients in the following:
• Comprehensive plan amendment for a5,000-acre new town and agrihood.
• Rezoning and site plan approval for a 1,300-acre mixed-use development.
• Successful defense of a petition challenging the denial of a development order by a municipal client.
• Site plan approval for a redevelopment of a regional mall site.
• Rezoning for national and regional retail clients.
• Approval of a comprehensive plan amendment for a statewide homebuilder.
• Rezoning and site plan approval for a national fast food vendor.
• Various rezoning, site plan, and change of use applications.
• Street vacations to eliminate unneeded right of way.
• Turnover of an animal shelter to the county government.
For more information, contact one of our land use or local government attorneys:
Mark Barnebey: email@example.com
Scott Rudacille: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marisa Powers: email@example.com
Taylor Falkner: firstname.lastname@example.org