We make a difference in the lives of our health care clients by redefining traditional notions of legal services by remaining at the forefront of emerging trends and regulatory-driven health care business opportunities. We search for unique solutions to help our clients achieve the results they expect.
Our health care attorneys understand the health care marketplace and the trends ahead after health care reform became law. We constantly focus on how to add economic value in every engagement. We represent physicians, medical group practices, dentists, physician billing and management companies, imaging centers, hospice providers, home health agencies, ambulatory surgical centers, therapy providers, and other ancillary health care ventures. Our health care attorneys are in the board room with our clients to provide effective, proactive and strategic legal counsel. We communicate frequently with our clients through seminars and newsletters to keep them at the forefront of new health care laws and trends in the industry.
The practice area includes board certified health care attorneys, business attorneys, litigators, wealth preservation attorneys, and medical real estate lawyers.
We are business and regulatory attorneys who specialize in assisting health care providers maximize profitability in their business. For instance:
- identifying new profitable business opportunities resulting from health care reform, such as integrating medical groups, hospitals and accountable care organizations (“ACOs”);
- enhancing compliant Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement;
- developing compliant and profitable joint ventures with hospitals, surgery centers and ancillary service providers;
- crafting sophisticated compensation plans;
- establishing real estate developments and joint ventures; and
- preparing compliance programs.
We are conflict resolution attorneys who are skilled at achieving successful workouts. Examples:
- employer and employee disputes;
- hospital/physician disputes;
- real estate workouts; and
- payor overpayment and fraud allegations and audits (CMS, insurance companies, etc.).
We are skilled and up-to-date on the ever-changing laws and regulations governing health care, including:
- Health Care Reform
- Fraud and Abuse
- Stark II and Florida Self-Referral Act
- HIPAA and HITECH Act
- Red Flag Rules
- Wealth Preservation
Examples of recent major engagements include:
- closed a $35M physician/hospital transaction from letter of intent to closing within 60 days;
- represented numerous specialty physician groups in the sale to a national purchaser and achieved tremendous value for sellers outside of the purchaser’s standard deal terms;
- negotiated sophisticated multimillion dollar exclusive contracts between physicians and hospitals, such as anesthesia groups;
- formation and merger of large group practices, with integrated ancillary services such as radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging;
- sale and purchase of large surgery centers, medical practices, physician billing and management companies and imaging companies;
- formation and sale of major medical office building projects;
- successful resolutions of medical staff disputes;
- successful settlement of OIG investigations; and
- successful settlement of overpayment allegations.